How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Las Vegas? Are you tired of scraping the payment together to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Nevada.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Las Vegas insurance shoppers could pocket approximately 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Las Vegas is to know the trick car insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether or not you need a SR-22, your credit rating estimate, your occupation, and if you lease or own. That rating data is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Honda CR-Z now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance rates in Las Vegas
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all possible discounts very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, good student, continuous insurance, multi-policy, and driver training.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, air bags, anti-lock brakes, early bird, student driver, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, and driver's education.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, federal employee, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Las Vegas. For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. A good agent in Las Vegas will have answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Las Vegas?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
The following are agents in Las Vegas that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Las Vegas.
Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is glass protection for?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Why you need Honda CR-Z insurance in Nevada
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda CR-Z with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, attorney fees, bail bonds and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
This covers damage to your CR-Z resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your CR-Z in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Nevada drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, ambulance fees and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as fire damage, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Lower-priced car insurance in Las Vegas can be bought from both online companies and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, so get free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We've covered some good ideas how to compare Honda CR-Z insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When searching for affordable Honda CR-Z insurance quotes, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)