How many times have you said it's time to compare the cheapest Honda Civic insurance in Reno? Buying the lowest cost Reno Honda Civic insurance quotes on the web can appear to be intimidating for drivers who are new to comparing rates and buying insurance on the internet. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how can Reno drivers be able to compare every insurance company to find the best pricing?
Sad but true, most consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared insurance rates at all. Reno consumers could save themselves about 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Consumers need to compare prices yearly because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on Honda Civic insurance in Reno a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Civic insurance online, but we're going to give you some proven techniques to slash your insurance rates in Reno.
Locating the best car insurance coverage in Reno is quite easy. Essentially anyone who is looking for a better price on car insurance will probably find lower prices. But Nevada consumers must learn the way insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Affordable Honda insurance prices in Reno
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$398||$290||$18||$86||$970||$81|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,110||$93|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$464||$324||$20||$96||$1,082||$90|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$168||$382||$386||$22||$116||$1,074||$90|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$110||$306||$348||$20||$104||$888||$74|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$480||$296||$18||$88||$1,062||$89|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$650||$386||$22||$116||$1,406||$117|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$504||$372||$22||$112||$1,200||$100|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$534||$314||$18||$94||$1,190||$99|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$650||$386||$22||$116||$1,440||$120|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$114||$284||$290||$18||$86||$792||$66|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$544||$386||$22||$116||$1,306||$109|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$382||$308||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$846||$466||$28||$140||$1,774||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Reno location which can impact prices substantially.
Age, gender, and Honda Civic insurance
The chart below compares Honda Civic insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can influence Honda Civic annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Honda Civic insurance in Reno?
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Reno Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Good Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Reno car insurance on the web.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Esurance offers premium reductions for paid-in-full, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, online quote, defensive driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, air bag, and good student.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, air bags, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, defensive driving training, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Reno. If you would like to view insurers with the best discounts in Nevada, click here.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Reno.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. You don't have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When finding a local Reno insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Reno that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Henkes Welsh Insurance Inc
639 Isbell Rd #440 - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 786-8838 - View Map
- La Luna Insurance
685 E Moana Ln - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 825-5862 - View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
1314 S Wells Ave - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 323-1800 - View Map
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are Reno exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Isabel C Bacigalupi Agency Inc.
2295 S Virginia St #1 - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 823-5319 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Diana Aronson Barry
6815 Sierra Center Pkwy #450 - Reno, NV 89511 - (775) 825-4187 - View Map
- Jerry Evans - State Farm Insurance Agent
9437 Double Diamond Pkwy #15 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 852-9700 - View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Do drivers who switch really save?
Popular insurance providers such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies convey the message of big savings just by switching your coverage to them. Is it even possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, a profitable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has few claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Someone who matches those parameters will probably get cheap prices and will also save when switching.
Drivers who fall short of these criteria will probably have to pay a higher rate and this results in the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save money. That's why insurance companies can make claims like that.
Because of these techniques, you should quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
As you quote Reno car insurance, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Honda Civic insurance premium rates in Reno. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Reno car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies.
More information is located at the links below
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Henderson, NV? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)