Pretty sure you bought an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? It's quite common and you're not alone.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Nevada could pocket about $550 a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rates possible on Honda Crosstour insurance in Henderson.
Honda Crosstour insurance quotes comparison
To find cheaper quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to compare insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to physically go to local Henderson insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent. Just remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper Honda Crosstour insurance in Henderson with discounts
Some providers don't always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Henderson car insurance online.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total Crosstour insurance premium.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount should help lower your overall premium however.
For a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click here.
What Determines Honda Crosstour Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Prices can be impacted by your employer - Occupational choices like military personnel, business owners and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Careless drivers pay higher costs - Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Save money with alarm systems - Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
Expect high rates for teens - Teenage drivers in Nevada are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a youthful driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
High comp and collision deductibles lower costs - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Always keep your coverage in force - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Henderson auto insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Henderson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information gets sent to companies in Henderson who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Henderson who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
2736 Marie Antoinette St - Henderson, NV 89044 - (866) 694-9046 - View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
Lisa Downer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy b302 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 492-6287 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Where are claims handled?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Quote more to save more
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
We just showed you many ways to compare Honda Crosstour insurance auto insurance rates in Henderson. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Gardnerville Ranchos, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)