Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Ford Taurus insurance in Henderson? If you are a novice to online insurance shopping, there's a good chance you are confused by the vast number of local and online companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Ford Taurus insurance in Henderson.
Unbelievable but true according to a study 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Nevada drivers could pocket nearly $500 a year just by shopping around, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Ford Taurus insurance in Henderson a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There is too much inaccurate information about Taurus insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some solid techniques on how to find affordable insurance in Henderson.
Compare quotes for Henderson Ford Taurus insurance
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest Ford Taurus rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$304||$520||$318||$18||$96||$1,256||$105|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$160||$336||$324||$20||$96||$936||$78|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$226||$422||$416||$24||$124||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage prices greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Ford Taurus insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for good student, save driver, driver training, multi-car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good driver, early bird, good student, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for safety features, multi-policy, multi-car, newly married, and new graduate.
When getting free Henderson car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
Ford Taurus Insurance Cost Factors
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The items below are a few of the "ingredients" used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Stay claim-free and lower rates - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Nevada give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Taurus can result in significantly higher rates.
- Rates increase with driving citations - Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Small coverages can add up - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Things like roadside assistance, towing, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Ford Taurus claim statistics - Companies analyze the history of losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Ford Taurus vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Ford Taurus Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Henderson auto insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Henderson who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Henderson?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
When researching local Henderson agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are Henderson exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Barbara Nielson
1776 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy Ste 110 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 906-1860 - View Map
- Cassidy Arbeli - State Farm Insurance Agent
693 N Valle Verde Dr Ste 4 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 902-1909 - View Map
- Randy Wilcox - State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9111 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
The following are Henderson independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- All Nevada Insurance
10624 S Eastern Ave # L - Henderson, NV 89052 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 368-4040 - View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
Upon receiving positive responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Should I buy only the required Nevada minimum liability coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nevada?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance savings summarized
When trying to cut insurance costs, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Ford Taurus insurance in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is actually quite simple.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located by following these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Enterprise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)