Purchasing cheaper Henderson Buick Verano insurance quotes can be challenging for beginners to comparing prices on the web. With such a big selection of agents and insurers to choose from, how can consumers be able to compare every possible option in order to find better prices?
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of drivers in Nevada renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save as much as $860 each year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
It's a great practice to compare rates on a regular basis because insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Buick Verano insurance in Henderson a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Don't believe everything you read about Verano insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some great ideas on how to find affordable car insurance in Henderson.
Keep in mind that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Protect your Buick Verano and other assets
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Verano, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Buick Verano and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Buick gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $810 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the companies advertise claims that people will save if you switch your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can make the same claim? You have to listen carefully.
Most companies have specific criteria for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. An example of this type of insured could be a married male, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save if they switch.
Insureds who don't meet these stringent criteria may receive higher premium rates and this results in business not being written. The ads say "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This really illustrates why it's extremely important to do a quote comparison often. It's just too difficult to predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers don't list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car instead of a used Verano can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance discounts include mature driver, business and professional, distant student, homeowner, switch companies, early shopping, and multi-car.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, good student, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, passive restraint, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, driver training, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Allstate may offer discounts for defensive driver, eSmart discount, safe driver, farm vehicle, utility vehicle, and passive restraint.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in Henderson.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Henderson insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Henderson who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Henderson should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long has the business existed?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you would like to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Henderson are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Nick Sage - State Farm Insurance Agent
780 Coronado Center Dr Ste 100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 737-7150 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Frank Tworek
911 American Pacific Dr #140 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 316-4888 - View Map
- Randy Wilcox - State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9111 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Henderson independent agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Centurion Insurance Services
1399 Galleria Dr #201 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 871-0001 - View Map
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 368-4040 - View Map
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 434-7640 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Buick Verano insurance in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Henderson car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Henderson is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Reno, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mesquite, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)