Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than most other people in Nevada.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Las Vegas can cut their rates by up to 35% a year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates and save money. Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a good habit to compare premium rates at least once a year since prices change regularly. Just because you found the best price on GMC Terrain insurance in Las Vegas at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Low-cost companies for GMC Terrain insurance
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Nevada. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Terrain SLE 2WD||$134||$232||$270||$16||$80||$732||$61|
|Terrain SLE AWD||$190||$372||$316||$18||$94||$990||$83|
|Terrain SLT 2WD||$232||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,120||$93|
|Terrain SLT AWD||$294||$648||$316||$18||$94||$1,370||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can change GMC Terrain insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- No Claim Discounts - Las Vegas drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, multi-car, and homeowner.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver's education, anti-theft, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, theft prevention, good student, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. To see insurers who offer discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Local Las Vegas insurance agents
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
How much can you save?
Cheaper GMC Terrain insurance in Las Vegas can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)