Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay insurance each month? You're in the same situation as the majority of other drivers in Nevada.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Las Vegas consumers could save $500 each year, but they won't spend time to compare rates online.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Las Vegas is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Although Nevada car owners must understand the methods companies use to set your policy premium.
Discount Las Vegas insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Good Driver Discount - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Ford may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, and air bags.
- AAA has savings for good student, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, federal employee, seat belt use, air bags, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, good student, ease of repair, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, mature driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
To get low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from lots of Nevada car insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest Ford Escape rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
It's so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more will enable you to find a lower rate than you're paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$178||$324||$296||$18||$88||$904||$75|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$230||$406||$354||$20||$106||$1,116||$93|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$222||$444||$340||$20||$102||$1,128||$94|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$254||$444||$340||$20||$102||$1,160||$97|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$294||$484||$354||$20||$106||$1,258||$105|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$228||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Escape yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Escape claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Las Vegas insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
When searching for local Las Vegas agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Las Vegas can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it's recommended you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Las Vegas that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give rate quotes.
Juan Diaz - State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 489-4242 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Once you have satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and the cheapest Ford Escape insurance in Las Vegas quotes, you've probably found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Ford Escape insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in North Las Vegas, NV? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Henderson, NV? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)