Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Ford Edge in Nevada can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and get the cheapest rates.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Henderson drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
It's a great practice to shop coverage around every six months because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Ford Edge insurance in Henderson two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Best companies for competitive Ford Edge insurance in Nevada
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$198||$406||$348||$20||$104||$1,076||$90|
|Edge SE AWD||$162||$342||$296||$18||$88||$906||$76|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$210||$440||$318||$18||$96||$1,082||$90|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$168||$324||$308||$18||$92||$910||$76|
|Edge SEL AWD||$192||$324||$404||$24||$120||$1,064||$89|
|Edge Limited AWD||$194||$382||$308||$18||$92||$994||$83|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$134||$274||$318||$18||$96||$840||$70|
|Edge Sport AWD||$126||$292||$324||$20||$96||$858||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Henderson which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
Policy deductible comparison
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Ford Edge yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Obey driving laws and save - Getting just one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Low mileage costs less - The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Edge can result in significantly higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage states the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
More stress means more cost - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like doctors, business owners and dentists are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
Big city or small town - Living in a small town has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Ford Edge claim probability - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Ford Edge Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Henderson auto insurance
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Henderson car insurance but check with your company.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Henderson car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and driver's education.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, Switch & Save, renters, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, good student, accident-free, family plan, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable Ford Edge insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from Henderson insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is still important in Henderson.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Henderson who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long has their agency been in business in Henderson?
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just read some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Ford Edge insurance in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Henderson car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mesquite, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)