How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance in Henderson? No normal person anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Most drivers in Henderson could save an average of up to $550 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to discover the definitive lowest price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Henderson.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Henderson is not rocket science. You just need to know the proper methods to compare insurance rates on the web.
Verify you're applying every discount
Some companies don't list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Navigator insurance in Henderson.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Henderson car insurance with certain companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, good student, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, air bags, theft prevention, student driver, and early bird.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, good student, early bird, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, good student, air bag, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Nevada, click here.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$268||$438||$308||$18||$92||$1,124||$94|
|Navigator L 4WD||$186||$314||$318||$18||$96||$932||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates significantly.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Lincoln Navigator auto insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Henderson.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Henderson who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Why you need quality insurance for your Lincoln vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Henderson, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Henderson is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other's property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, legal defense fees, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills such as X-ray expenses, surgery, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Navigator resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Navigator to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Nevada drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
While you're price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Lincoln Navigator insurance in Henderson is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don't offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Gardnerville Ranchos, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)