Do you think you bought overpriced Chevy Cruze insurance in Henderson? It's quite common and many Henderson drivers have buyer's remorse.
Unthinkable but true, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Henderson insurance shoppers could save an average of up to 35% each year, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheaper insurance rates. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a great practice to compare rates occasionally because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Chevy Cruze insurance in Henderson a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of wrong information about Cruze insurance online, but you can learn some great ideas on how to save money.
Companies offering Chevy Cruze insurance in Nevada
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
How do Insurers Determine Chevy Cruze Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better insurance rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - The majority of insurance companies apply discounts for people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Low credit score equals high premiums - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Cruze if you clean up your credit.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating reflects the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect rating for your Cruze may be costing you.
- More performance means higher costs - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Chevrolet Cruze is considered a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Henderson.
- Add-on coverages you don't need - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Your car's features help determine prices - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you really need to file that policy claims? - Insurance companies in Nevada give cheaper rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance losses for a Chevy Cruze - Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Henderson
Companies do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Henderson auto insurance online.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Cruze insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, theft prevention, teen driver, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- Travelers includes discounts for good student, student away at school, home ownership, new car, continuous insurance, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
Check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Henderson. For a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Henderson who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long has their agency been in business in Henderson?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Henderson are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agents in Henderson who may provide you with price quotes.
Sam King - State Farm Insurance Agent
2253 N Green Valley Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 435-0222 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Henderson willing to provide comparison quotes.
Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Nevada consumers can't get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies advertise claims of big savings if you change your coverage.
How does each company cost less than your current company? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any person who matches that profile will get the preferred car insurance rates in Henderson and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not meet those criteria will probably have to pay more expensive rates which results in the customer not purchasing. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. Different companies use different criteria so you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
One last note
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance rates in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Henderson auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Henderson auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Henderson can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in Nevada is available on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)