Want to learn how to buy more competitive Dodge Viper insurance in Las Vegas? Wish you could get out of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? You're in good company because you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
It's hard to fathom, but over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. With the average premium in Nevada being $1,600, drivers can cut their rates by as much as $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
Due to the large number of auto insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the most affordable auto insurance provider.
It's a good habit to compare prices at least once a year because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Dodge Viper insurance in Las Vegas a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to save on auto insurance.
Quoting and buying the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Las Vegas is not as hard as you think. In a nutshell, everyone who compares rate quotes for car insurance should buy a cheaper policy. Although Nevada vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you low cost Dodge Viper insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, passive restraint, premier plus, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, anti-theft, easy pay, family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
If you need low cost Las Vegas car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Dodge Viper insurance in Las Vegas takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including how much education you have, if you require a SR-22, if you're married, and how you use your vehicles. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Las Vegas.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$556||$348||$20||$104||$1,252||$104|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$296||$712||$348||$20||$104||$1,480||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Viper book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Dodge Viper insurance rates by age and gender
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Viper insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Reduce prices by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge Viper earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Better auto insurance rates for continuous auto insurance coverage - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. The best insurance prices are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Dodge Viper falls in the sports car class, insurance will be much more when compared to the average rates in Las Vegas.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance loss probability for a Dodge Viper - Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance costs. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Viper vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Viper Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Viper 2dr||147|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Las Vegas.
By using this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a local Las Vegas insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Las Vegas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
After receiving positive feedback to your questions as well as a affordable price, you've probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy. It's important to know that consumers can cancel your policy when you choose so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Viper insurance, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Viper has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just presented many ideas to lower your Dodge Viper insurance prices in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Viper rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)