Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive Dodge Ram insurance in Henderson? Saving money on Dodge Ram insurance in Henderson can be difficult for people new to quoting and comparing prices online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a real challenge to find more affordable premium rates on Dodge Ram insurance.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Nevada consumers could save up to $550 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Henderson Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Henderson can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you're out of luck.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, IntelliDrive, early quote, multi-car, driver training, and home ownership.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not apply in Henderson. To choose companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Nevada, click here.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from many different Nevada insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It's important to know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$148||$208||$348||$20||$104||$828||$69|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$234||$408||$334||$20||$100||$1,096||$91|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$190||$252||$456||$26||$136||$1,060||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$214||$372||$422||$24||$126||$1,158||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$142||$248||$366||$22||$110||$888||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$258||$470||$394||$24||$118||$1,264||$105|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$250||$324||$456||$26||$136||$1,192||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$152||$232||$358||$22||$108||$872||$73|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$128||$210||$328||$20||$98||$784||$65|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$168||$274||$358||$22||$108||$930||$78|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$160||$292||$394||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$210||$298||$456||$26||$136||$1,126||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$182||$342||$422||$24||$126||$1,096||$91|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$380||$564||$456||$26||$136||$1,562||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$238||$438||$422||$24||$126||$1,248||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$210||$374||$366||$22||$110||$1,082||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$160||$292||$366||$22||$110||$950||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$244||$438||$348||$20||$104||$1,154||$96|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$294||$626||$422||$24||$126||$1,492||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in garaging location in Henderson which can decrease or increase coverage rates considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Ram premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Nevada minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Dodge Ram insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
Bundle home and auto and save - Most major insurance companies allow discounts to clients that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
When should you file a insurance claims? - Companies in Nevada give lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Allowing your insurance to lapse raises rates - Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
Better drivers have lower rates - Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Just one chargeable violation can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Teenage drivers in Nevada tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Safer cars cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Henderson that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long has their agency been open in Henderson?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
The following is a list of insurers in Henderson willing to provide comparison quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Henderson.
- Farmers Insurance: Ronald Fowler
2470 St Rose Pkwy Suite 315 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 478-5720 - View Map
- J.J. Tucker - State Farm Insurance Agent
10890 S Eastern Ave #115 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 616-1000 - View Map
- All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 660-6618 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Steven Schiebel
1590 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #120 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 451-4565 - View Map
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Henderson Ram insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Nevada is overpaying over $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Henderson car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Dodge Ram insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)