Are you baffled by the crazy number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Consumers have so many choices that it can easily turn into more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest prices for Dodge Journey insurance in Henderson. Lots of people think Henderson has many things to offer, but getting gouged by high car insurance rates makes it difficult to buy proper levels of coverage.
It's shocking but nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Nevada drivers could cut their rates by $550 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You should take the time to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Dodge Journey insurance in Henderson last year you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to find out the easiest way to buy cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Henderson.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Dodge Journey insurance in Henderson
Some insurance providers don't list every possible discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Henderson car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Henderson car insurance quote.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Journey insurance in Henderson.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to view providers that offer some of these discounts in Henderson, follow this link.
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer car insurance in Nevada. The quickest method to find competitive Dodge Journey insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps locate better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide Henderson Journey insurance quotes over the internet, so it's important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Henderson, NV. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$264||$406||$416||$24||$124||$1,234||$103|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$184||$334||$290||$18||$86||$912||$76|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$290||$470||$314||$18||$94||$1,186||$99|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$168||$268||$290||$18||$86||$830||$69|
|Journey SXT AWD||$300||$478||$308||$18||$92||$1,196||$100|
|Journey R/T AWD||$214||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,158||$97|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$342||$564||$404||$24||$120||$1,454||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in Henderson location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Journey insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Dodge Journey replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Components of Your Dodge Journey Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Don't skimp on liability insurance - Liability coverage will provide protection when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Having a spouse can lower premiums - Getting married may cut your premiums on auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your age impacts your rates - Young drivers in Nevada have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- More performance means higher premiums - The type of car or truck you need insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Due to the fact that the Dodge Journey falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Henderson.
- Dodge Journey insurance loss probability - Insurers use statistical claims data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that have increased losses will have higher rates. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Journey vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Journey Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD 80 92 80 148 163 131 Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD 96 116 71 96
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my Dodge Journey covered for smoke damage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Henderson who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How long has their agency been open in Henderson?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Listed below are agents in Henderson that may be able to provide price quotes for Dodge Journey insurance in Henderson.
- Paradigm Insurance Agency
170 S Green Valley Pkwy #300 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 522-0730 - View Map
- Carol Drake - State Farm Insurance Agent
1913 N Green Valley Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 361-0300 - View Map
- Centurion Insurance Services
1399 Galleria Dr #201 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 871-0001 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Christopher Sutter
11201 S Eastern Ave #110 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 260-8589 - View Map
Car insurance in Nevada serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Journey in Henderson, paying for car insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Journey, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-conscious Dodge Journey insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance is available at these sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Enterprise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)