I can't think of anyone who loves paying for insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Unfortunately, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Nevada can save 35% each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the definite lowest price on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Henderson.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Henderson takes advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if it has an anti-theft system, if the car is leased, how much school you completed, and deductibles desired. The data is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Henderson.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$188||$260||$314||$18||$94||$874||$73|
|Grand Caravan SE||$176||$244||$318||$18||$96||$852||$71|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$206||$408||$296||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$142||$248||$324||$20||$96||$830||$69|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$188||$318||$324||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect price quotes noticeably.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Grand Caravan replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Henderson, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Henderson Insurance Premiums
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Better auto insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Less chance of injury means lower auto insurance rates - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Grand Caravan has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Avoid auto insurance lapses - Letting your insurance expire can be a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Nevada DMV.
- Stay claim-free and save money - Auto insurance companies in Nevada provide better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Dodge Grand Caravan historical loss data - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Henderson insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don't always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Henderson auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Free - Henderson drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Henderson auto insurance quote in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Henderson auto insurance online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view companies who offer online Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes in Henderson, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Dodge Grand Caravan?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Henderson insurance agent
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Henderson.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Henderson that can provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Henderson are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Henderson that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 451-9799 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below are Henderson exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Sean Stewart Agency Inc.
2520 St Rose Pkwy #103 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 479-1570 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you get positive feedback to any questions you may have and cheaper Grand Caravan insurance quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Smart consumers save more
More affordable auto insurance in Henderson is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)