Henderson Car Insurance 101
Do you get exhausted from robbing Peter to pay Paul to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as many other consumers in Nevada. Due to the increasing number of choices of insurance companies, it can be challenging to find the lowest price car insurance company.
Consumers need to shop coverage around periodically since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rate a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to teach you how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Why you might pay higher rates in Henderson
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - Even one driving citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. People who have serious citations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Anti-theft systems save money - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower deductibles cost more - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- How many coverages with the same company - Many car insurance companies allow discounts to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Small frequent claims are not good - Insurance companies in Nevada generally give better rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Eliminate unneeded coverages - There are many add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to take the time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. It's super easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online is to take the time to go to each company's website and request a quote. For instance, let's assume you are doing a rate comparison from Progressive, Esurance and GEICO. You would be required to visit each site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, and that explains why we recommend the first method.
To view a list of companies in Henderson, click here.
- The most difficult method to quote and compare insurance rates is actually driving to and from local Henderson insurance agencies. Quoting and buying insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the trained advice that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
Compare rates however you want, just compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote you get. If you use differing limits it will be impossible to get a fair rate comparison in Henderson.
Don't miss these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Online - Some insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Remember that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of your policy.
To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Henderson, click here.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How's that for easy!
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Henderson are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. While both can write coverage properly, but it's important to know the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
This type of agents write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are captive agencies in Henderson willing to provide rate quotes.
State Farm Insurance - 613 N Stephanie St # A5 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 898-2332
Allstate Insurance Co - 1445 S Green Valley Pkwy # 130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 897-0563
American Family Insurance - 10890 S Eastern Ave # 103 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9362
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Henderson willing to provide comparison quotes.
Hoffman Parrott Agency - 1000 N Green Valley Pkwy # 450 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 897-1000
Gga Insurance Svc - 171 Laguna Landing Dr - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 568-9320
A-Mottox Agency - 1720 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #120 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 614-4236
Scott A Fulwider Agency - 2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 407-5100
Dorn Insurance - 1021 Whitney Ranch Dr - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 458-4944
To view a full list of Henderson insurance agents, please click here.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Nevada?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Nevada Division of Insurance website. Nevada drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view a list of available companies, and learn about insurance regulations.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- 5 Top Tips to Reduce Auto Insurance Costs in Henderson
- Henderson Car Insurance Company Online Price Comparisons
More effort can pay off
Low-cost car insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Henderson insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your car insurance rates. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.