Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced car insurance can drain your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Performing a price comparison can be a smart way to make ends meet.
A recent survey discovered that most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Nevada consumers could save up to $500 each year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Volvo XC60 in Henderson, it can be challenging to choose the lowest price insurance company.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in Nevada
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$166||$318||$276||$16||$82||$858||$72|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$288||$542||$340||$20||$102||$1,292||$108|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$250||$382||$344||$20||$102||$1,098||$92|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$272||$434||$270||$16||$80||$1,072||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Volvo XC60 insurance rates for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Where you live is a factor - Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Nevada areas tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages - If you are a frequent claim filer, don't be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Nevada give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Rates increase with driving citations - A bad driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Even one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Higher deductibles are cheaper - Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Premiums drop with age - Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Insurance loss data for a Volvo XC60 - Insurers analyze historical claim data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Volvo XC60 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Volvo XC60 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help to save on Volvo XC60 insurance in Henderson
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Henderson Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can save you money because it shows financial diligence.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, and good driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, air bags, accident-free, good driver, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, driver training, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, teen driver, 55 and older, early bird, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Henderson. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Henderson car insurance agent
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Henderson who will give you bids for your coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Henderson?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Henderson insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence your selection of an agent.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Henderson exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Henderson that can give you comparison quotes.
American National Insurance Morgan Agency LLC, Jarod Morgan
1120 Wigwam Pkwy #100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 430-7764 - View Map
All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 660-6618 - View Map
Do drivers who switch really save?
Consumers in Nevada can't get away from all the ads for cheaper insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the companies state the claim that people will save if you change your insurance policy to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all lower your prices? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies have specific criteria for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has had continuous coverage, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics receive the lowest rate quotes in Henderson and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don't qualify for this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can make those claims. This really emphasizes why drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Volvo XC60 insurance in Henderson.
Affordable coverage is out there
You just read some good ideas how you can compare Volvo XC60 insurance premium rates in Henderson. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Henderson car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Henderson car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
The cheapest Volvo XC60 insurance in Henderson is available from both online companies in addition to many Henderson insurance agents, so you need to quote Henderson car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)