Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas consumers have options when looking for affordable Volkswagen Tiguan insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for your Volkswagen and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Las Vegas agents.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. The average driver in the United States can cut their rates by approximately $850 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Las Vegas last year there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Las Vegas is much easier if you know where to start. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shoppers just need to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Compare free Las Vegas Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes
Many insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. This process can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest payment.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$194||$324||$262||$16||$78||$874||$73|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$258||$470||$268||$16||$80||$1,092||$91|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$230||$468||$246||$14||$74||$1,032||$86|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$142||$292||$276||$16||$82||$808||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can affect prices substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Tiguan in Las Vegas, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Las Vegas Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
- High deductibles reduce costs - The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on insurance - Having a bad credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Volkswagen Tiguan by repairing your credit.
- Vehicle features that lower premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Stress out and pay more - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like fire fighters, business owners and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as actors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Gender and insurance coverage - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Tiguan - Car insurance companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Tiguan Vehicles
Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD 84 98 67 75 91 89 Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD 93 101 85 82 80 90
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates in Las Vegas
Some insurers do not list every policy discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Tiguan insurance in Las Vegas.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Las Vegas can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies that may have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas. To choose insurers who offer online Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Nevada?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents can help
A small number of people would rather have an agent's advice and that is OK! Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Las Vegas car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Jason Paszek - State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 E Bonanza Rd #16 - Las Vegas, NV 89110 - (702) 453-9500 - View Map
- Mario Giannini - State Farm Insurance Agent
9484 W Lake Mead Blvd #7 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 982-3300 - View Map
- Andy Ballagh - State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 562-7504 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below are Las Vegas independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- AmeriSent Insurance
6070 S Eastern Ave #400 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 456-1400 - View Map
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 648-1634 - View Map
- Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 685-3888 - View Map
Get the best coverage at the best price
When getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices online in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen Tiguan rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teachers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fernley, Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Elko, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)