Would you prefer to buy more competitive Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Reno? No normal person is fond of buying auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
It's amazing but over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,600, Nevada drivers can save roughly 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes online.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute lowest price on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Reno.
Companies offering Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Nevada
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Reno, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$286||$400||$24||$120||$972||$81|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$168||$252||$344||$20||$102||$886||$74|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$252||$308||$18||$92||$818||$68|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$694||$416||$24||$124||$1,590||$133|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$210||$402||$252||$14||$76||$954||$80|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,282||$107|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$292||$348||$20||$104||$906||$76|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$290||$554||$268||$16||$80||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premium rates substantially.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Jetta replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Reno?
Some insurers don't list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Reno car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Reno car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Good Student - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Reno car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow their company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Reno car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Reno, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Reno
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Do you work long hours in a tough vocation? - Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Drivers with excellent credit save - A driver's credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Jetta by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Lower premiums with no policy lapses - Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
- Small coverages can add up - There are a lot of additional coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Safeguard your assets with liability - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if you are found liable for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage - The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Jetta may be costing you.
- Volkswagen Jetta insurance claim data - Companies use historical loss data to help determine costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the loss history for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an insurance agency
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Reno.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Reno that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Reno that may be willing to give rate quotes for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Reno.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Drivers who switch save $451 a year? Really?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you get a free Reno car insurance quote and switch your policy. How does every insurance company offer drivers better rates? It's all in the numbers.
All companies quote their best rates for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 50, has had continuous coverage, and has a high credit rating. Anybody who fits those characteristics may get the lowest premium rates in Reno as well as save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside these stringent criteria will be charged a higher rate which results in the customer not buying. The ads state "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's why companies can claim big savings.
This really drives home the point why you really should get as many free Reno car insurance quotes as possible. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will provide the lowest Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Reno.
Quote more to save more
Affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Reno can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Reno, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don't offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Volkswagen Jetta insurance premium rates in Reno. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Reno car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teachers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)