Having to pay for expensive Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Henderson can dry up your funds and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a rate analysis is a smart way to make ends meet.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Nevada drivers could save nearly $545 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the best rates possible on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Henderson.
It's smart to price shop coverage periodically because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rates on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Henderson on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to teach you the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Affordable auto insurance in Henderson, NV
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$164||$318||$268||$16||$80||$846||$71|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$142||$306||$230||$14||$68||$760||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in Henderson location which can modify premium rates substantially.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Volkswagen Beetle book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Gender-based auto insurance rates by age in Henderson
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Prevent theft and save - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Save money with responsible credit - Credit history is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Beetle by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Liability coverage - Liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Most larger insurers allow lower prices to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Extra policy coverages are wasting money - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Beetle policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Annual mileage and car insurance prices - The higher the miles on your Volkswagen every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Beetle may be costing you.
Volkswagen Beetle claim probability - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Beetle Convertible||85||78||95||76||89||79|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't always list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Beetle insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some companies give better premium rates if you take out life insurance.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Esurance includes discounts for claim free, good driver, good student, online quote, and safety device.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, driver training, and air bag.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, driver training, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, and multiple policy.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. To view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Henderson, click here to view.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Henderson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Henderson that can give you free Henderson car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they work. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Henderson who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 451-9799 - View Map
American National Insurance Morgan Agency LLC, Jarod Morgan
1120 Wigwam Pkwy #100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 430-7764 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Henderson that can give you comparison quotes.
Lisa Downer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy b302 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 492-6287 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is there a local claims center in Henderson?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Save $417 a year. For real?
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount if you change your car insurance policy to them. How can each company say the same thing? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance providers have an ideal profile for the type of driver that earns them the most money. A good example of a driver they prefer may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, has other policies, and drives newer vehicles. Anybody that fits those parameters gets the lowest auto insurance rates and will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not meet these stringent criteria will see higher rates which usually ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
Each company has different criteria, so it is so important to compare free Henderson car insurance quotes often. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Affordable rates are available
We just presented many ideas to shop for Volkswagen Beetle insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Henderson can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance is available by following these links:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)