Would you prefer to buy cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance in Reno? Comparing Reno auto insurance quotes online can seem complicated if you have never used online auto insurance quotes. But don't be confused because we're going to show you how to find affordable Toyota Rav4 in Reno.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of Nevada drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. American insurance shoppers could save roughly $859 a year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they switched.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Toyota Rav4 Insurance Prices?
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Deter vehicle theft - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Auto insurance rates and your employer - Occupations such as military personnel, social workers and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as actors, athletes and performers get better rates.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Toyota. A few examples of covered claims are a dented fender, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save - Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Toyota is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- An active auto insurance claims history can cost you more - Companies in Nevada award better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Tickets hurt - Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- City dwellers may pay more - Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Pleasure use saves money - The more you drive every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your auto insurance coverage properly reflects annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Rav4 is just wasting money.
When shopping for the cheapest Toyota Rav4 rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Reno insurance companies. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for Toyota Rav4 insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Not every company does price estimates online, so you need to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Reno, NV. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$194||$324||$308||$18||$92||$936||$78|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$188||$318||$314||$18||$94||$932||$78|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$166||$318||$324||$20||$96||$924||$77|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$186||$366||$400||$24||$120||$1,096||$91|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$144||$290||$372||$22||$112||$940||$78|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$114||$210||$290||$18||$86||$718||$60|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$114||$210||$290||$18||$86||$718||$60|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$214||$398||$416||$24||$124||$1,176||$98|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$134||$232||$318||$18||$96||$798||$67|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$302||$478||$404||$24||$120||$1,328||$111|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$234||$462||$372||$22||$112||$1,202||$100|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$114||$214||$296||$18||$88||$730||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Toyota Rav4 insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Rav4 insurance, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Rav4 has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Toyota but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get discounts on Reno insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Rav4 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Reno auto insurance quotes online.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts include:
If you want affordable Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes in Reno, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Reno insurance agencies?
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to insurance agents in Reno who will give you bids for your business. You don't have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any good agent in Reno should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Where are claims handled?
Do the work, save more money
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
When you buy Reno auto insurance online, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Lower-priced car insurance in Reno can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mesquite, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Sunrise Manor, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)