Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Las Vegas can eat up your family's budget and force you to make sacrifices.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in Las Vegas can cut their rates by 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate promote their brand names with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to compare rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best price on Kia Sportage insurance in Las Vegas at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Low-cost companies for Kia Sportage insurance in Nevada
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$146||$274||$348||$20||$104||$892||$74|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$128||$208||$308||$18||$92||$754||$63|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$150||$276||$296||$18||$88||$828||$69|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$190||$372||$372||$22||$112||$1,068||$89|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$302||$478||$404||$24||$120||$1,328||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can change prices substantially.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Kia Sportage annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save money on Kia Sportage insurance in Las Vegas with these ten auto insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup - Some larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Las Vegas car insurance on your computer.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic. But any discount will bring down the premium cost.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, driver's education, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, membership and employees, federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including preferred payment discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, good student, newly married, and newly retired.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not apply in your state. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Las Vegas, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Las Vegas auto insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas that can give you free Las Vegas car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Las Vegas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Nevada drivers can't get away from all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make an identical promise about saving some big amount just by switching your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money? This is the trick they use.
Companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, this type of driver could possibly be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and has a high credit rating. A driver who matches that profile receives the best prices in Las Vegas and will most likely save a lot of money.
Insureds who do not meet these criteria will get a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. This is how companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because every company is different, drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. It's just not possible to know the company that will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people's claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, emergency aid, bail bonds and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Sportage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Sportage in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like surgery, dental work, doctor visits and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Kia Sportage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
Cost effective Kia Sportage insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Las Vegas car insurance online, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teachers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Henderson, NV? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)