If you're searching for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you baffled by the wide range of car insurance choices that you can choose from? There are so many choices available that it can quickly become a big hassle to locate the lowest premium rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Henderson. Everyone knows that Henderson is an excellent city in which to live, but getting gouged by high car insurance rates makes it difficult to pay other bills every month.
A study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Nevada being $1,600, drivers could save themselves about 35% a year, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rate quotes.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Quoting and comparing the best policy in Henderson is easy to do. But Nevada drivers benefit from understanding how insurance companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Low-cost companies for Dodge Viper insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$482||$296||$18||$88||$1,088||$91|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$224||$556||$324||$20||$96||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Henderson garaging location which can change premiums significantly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Viper car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Viper claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Informed Consumers Know How to Find Car Insurance for Less
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Never let your policy lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Proper usage rating affects premiums - The more you drive every year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Viper can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance coverage correctly shows the right rating data.
Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles - Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Vehicles with better crash test results means better premiums - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
Dodge Viper insurance loss data - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Viper vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Viper Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Viper 2dr||147|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don't necessarily list every discount very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Viper insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount shop Henderson car insurance online.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Henderson and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But all discounts will cut your policy premium.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered in Henderson. For a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Henderson, follow this link.
Local Henderson auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Henderson who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Henderson should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Henderson may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Henderson who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Martha Pailes - State Farm Insurance Agent
613 N Stephanie St - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 451-0123 - View Map
- Randy Wilcox - State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9111 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance Group: Hesselgesser Insurance Agency
229 N Pecos Rd #110 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 434-1230 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Henderson who can help you get price quotes.
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 368-4040 - View Map
- Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 451-9799 - View Map
- All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 660-6618 - View Map
Auto insurance myths debunked
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the companies try to convey promises that you can save if you just switch your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims? This is the trick they use.
All companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. An example of a profitable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A propective insured that fits those parameters will get low prices and have a good chance to save some money.
Potential customers who don't measure up to this stringent profile will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "people who switch" not "all people who quote" can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. Different companies use different criteria so it's extremely important to get Henderson car insurance quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
We covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Dodge Viper insurance in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Henderson car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Cheaper insurance in Henderson can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in North Las Vegas, NV? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Carson City, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)