Searching for the cheapest Reno Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes on the internet can appear to be impossible for consumers new to quoting and comparing prices on the web. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, how can consumers have time to compare every one to find the lowest price?
A recent insurance study discovered that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Nevada could save almost 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
This article will teach you how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Although Nevada drivers do need to understand how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Reno
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Captiva Sport insurance policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Telematics Data - Reno drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Reno Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Reno can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To see providers with significant discounts in Reno, follow this link.
Buy Reno Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online
Just keep in mind that quoting more increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Reno.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Reno who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Reno car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good Reno insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Reno who can help you get rate quotes.
- Bob Lopez Insurance Agency
30 Mary St - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 354-4126 - View Map
- Capital Auto Insurance
4088 Kietzke Ln - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 853-3388 - View Map
- Comstock Insurance Agencies
9424 Double R Blvd - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 853-9424 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Reno willing to provide price quote information.
- Jerry Evans - State Farm Insurance Agent
9437 Double Diamond Pkwy #15 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 852-9700 - View Map
- State Farm: Rose Fox
6500 S Virginia St - Reno, NV 89511 - (775) 853-6500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Dexter
1111 Steamboat Pkwy #450 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 851-0101 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Reno, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Smart shoppers get results
The cheapest Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Reno is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Reno. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Paradise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Carson City, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Spring Valley, NV? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)