Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest Chevy Suburban insurance in Las Vegas? Are you kicking yourself for buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? It's quite common and there are a lot of people in Las Vegas just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
A recent car insurance study revealed that almost 70% of insureds in Nevada renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers can save $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switched. Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it's nearly impossible to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
You should take the time to compare rates before your policy renews because car insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Chevy Suburban insurance in Las Vegas a year ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Suburban insurance online but you can learn the best ways to find affordable car insurance in Las Vegas.
Companies offering Chevy Suburban insurance in Nevada
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$142||$260||$348||$20||$104||$874||$73|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$232||$394||$348||$20||$104||$1,098||$92|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$190||$252||$404||$24||$120||$990||$83|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$258||$454||$400||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$232||$464||$348||$20||$104||$1,168||$97|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$260||$480||$296||$18||$88||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can alter insurance rates significantly.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Suburban insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Suburban settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Certain vocations pay higher prices - Jobs such as judges, social workers and accountants have the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- You might pay more if you are single - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and it's proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Expect high rates for teens - Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Gender is a factor - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Chevy Suburban insurance loss probability - Insurers use statistical claims data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Suburban vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet Suburban Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD 90 92 90 67 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD 109 113 124 72 70
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in every state. To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Las Vegas, click here.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can handle car insurance, but it's worth mentioning how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to give price quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give comparison quotes.
LaDonna Koeller - State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 636-9447 - View Map
Juan Diaz - State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 489-4242 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nevada?
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Be persistent and save
Cheap Chevy Suburban insurance in Las Vegas is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Suburban insurance prices in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Suburban insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mesquite, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)