Are you trying to find cheaper Chevy Impala insurance in Las Vegas? Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can draw down your bank account and force you to make tough financial choices.
Statistics show that most drivers in Nevada kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers could save 47% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the absolute cheapest price on Chevy Impala insurance in Las Vegas.
It's a good habit to compare premium rates on a regular basis since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Chevy Impala insurance in Las Vegas two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about Impala insurance out there, but you can learn some good information on how to buy car insurance cheaper in Las Vegas.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can modify auto insurance rates significantly.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevrolet Impala car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost of full coverage in Las Vegas
The illustration below examines Chevrolet Impala yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Impala replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Chevrolet Impala car insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Impala with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Impala outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Nevada overpays more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Impala insurance in Las Vegas
Some companies don't necessarily list every disount available very well, so the list below details some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- E-sign Discounts - Many larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family discounts include air bags, defensive driver, good driver, Steer into Savings, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, business and professional, early shopping, distant student, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, company car, safe driver, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and multi-car.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Should I talk to an agent?
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Las Vegas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Las Vegas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Las Vegas can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's worth learning how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always get several quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can possibly get you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get price quotes.
LaDonna Koeller - State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 636-9447 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What companies can they write with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
Cost effective Chevy Impala insurance is possible online in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Impala insurance rates online in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. They often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fernley, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Sun Valley, NV? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)