Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Volvo XC70 insurance in Las Vegas? No one in their right mind is fond of buying car insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could save roughly $850 each year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with advertising and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Las Vegas is really not that difficult. Nevertheless, Nevada car owners must learn how insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Paperwork-free - Some companies will give a small break get Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new XC70 may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- College Student Discount - College-age children living away from Las Vegas attending college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe vehicle, good student, mature driver, company car, air bags, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, homeowner, good student, safety device, and renters.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
When getting free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Las Vegas.
Many insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Volvo XC70 insurance in Las Vegas is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, the system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these factors. The ability to get online price quotes for Volvo XC70 insurance in Las Vegas streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for cheap auto insurance pricing.
To quickly find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$184||$298||$348||$20||$104||$954||$80|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$256||$540||$328||$20||$98||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage rates greatly.
Where to set your deductibles
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Volvo XC70 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Defend yourself with liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Guys are more aggressive - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful job? - Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and dentists generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and retirees pay the least.
- Your spouse saves you money - Being married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and it's proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- High credit scores equal low costs - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo XC70 by repairing your credit.
- Traffic violations can increase costs - Getting just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Volvo XC70 insurance loss data - Companies study historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The next table shows the loss history for Volvo XC70 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC70 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD 69 Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD 79 70 94 45
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It's not one size fits all
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volvo XC70?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Comparing quotes from local Las Vegas auto insurance agents
Many people still like to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Auto insurance agents in Las Vegas come in two varieties
When finding a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Las Vegas can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you need to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Las Vegas that can possibly get you free insurance rate quotes.
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Las Vegas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Las Vegas, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Volvo and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Nevada is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
When you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We've covered a lot of techniques to lower your Volvo XC70 insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheap Volvo XC70 insurance in Las Vegas is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles: