Saving money on Toyota Prius insurance in Las Vegas is nearly impossible for drivers who are new to comparing rates online. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can be more work than you anticipated to find better rates on Toyota Prius insurance.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Nevada could save $500 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they switched.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Toyota Prius insurance in Las Vegas a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Prius insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to buy auto insurance cheaper in Las Vegas.
This article's intent is to help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process If you have coverage now, you will be able to lower your rates using these methods. Nevertheless, Nevada consumers need to have an understanding of the way companies calculate their prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
To find affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many different Nevada insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can revise prices greatly.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Prius premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Some insurers don't always list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Prius insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Life Insurance - Select car insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Driving Data Discount - Las Vegas drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Paperless Signup - Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Las Vegas auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Prius insurance in Las Vegas.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Prius insurance premium.
- Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your Prius
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Toyota, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Toyota and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What if I total my Toyota Prius and owe more than it's worth?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Las Vegas car insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find local Las Vegas agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to contact independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you pricing information.
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 518-6727 - View Map
- Family Trust Insurance, LLC
6420 W Spring Mountain Rd #20 - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 212-3838 - View Map
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance
1953 N Decatur Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89108 - (702) 570-5777 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Eric James
1350 E Flamingo Rd #14 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 836-0953 - View Map
- Andy Ballagh - State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 562-7504 - View Map
- Gary Gibson - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste B3, 3220 S Durango Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 901-8787 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Las Vegas?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?