Trying to come up with a payment for expensive car insurance can eat up your personal savings and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing rate quotes is recommended to make sure you're not throwing money away.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by up to $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't want to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the absolute best price available on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Henderson.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons at least once a year since rates change frequently. Just because you had the best premium rates on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Henderson six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the quickest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Henderson is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Nevada consumers must know how big insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Henderson is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you're married, driver details, and what your job is. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they return quotes with very little delay.
To compare rates for your Jeep Wrangler now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$178||$254||$348||$20||$104||$904||$75|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$230||$318||$520||$30||$156||$1,254||$105|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$200||$372||$400||$24||$120||$1,116||$93|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$230||$254||$392||$24||$118||$1,018||$85|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$220||$266||$404||$24||$120||$1,034||$86|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$294||$380||$520||$30||$156||$1,380||$115|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$184||$214||$362||$22||$108||$890||$74|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$142||$204||$314||$18||$94||$772||$64|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$258||$386||$392||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$168||$220||$362||$22||$108||$880||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise coverage rates significantly.
How careless driving impacts Henderson auto insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Wrangler claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Choosing Wrangler insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Wrangler in Henderson, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Jeep Wrangler with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Jeep and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Wrangler more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Components of Your Jeep Wrangler Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Credit rating impacts premiums - Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jeep Wrangler by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Drive a fast car and pay more - The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Since the Jeep Wrangler is classified as a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Henderson. Low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft.
More mileage equals more premium - The more you drive your Jeep annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Wrangler is throwing money out the window. Double check that your policy correctly shows the correct usage.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Drivers with little experience are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Combine policies with the same company - Many insurers give lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Premiums may be higher where you live - Being located in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Don't let your coverage lapse - Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance losses for a Jeep Wrangler - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Henderson
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Wrangler insurance premium.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Henderson auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Wrangler may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, pay in full, mature driver, good student, early shopping, teen driver, and business and professional.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, air bags, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, homeowner, renters, DriveSense, good driver, and safety device.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good driver, driver's education, and accident-free.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Henderson who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Henderson agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Henderson exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below are independent agents in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. Just understand that you are able to terminate coverage for any reason so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company for the full policy term.
We just covered many ways to shop for Jeep Wrangler insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)