How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Las Vegas? Getting the lowest price Las Vegas Chevy Cruze insurance quotes online can appear to be overwhelming for drivers who are new to comparing rates on the internet. With so many agents and online companies, how are drivers able to effectively compare each option to find the cheapest rates?
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Nevada drivers could save as much as 35% every year, but they assume it's a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the following tips. Our goal in writing this article familiarize you with how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. But Nevada consumers do need to know the way companies calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheaper rates with these premium slashing discounts
Companies don't list every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Cruze insurance in Las Vegas.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will reduce your overall bill.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, annual mileage, good student, and age of vehicle.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, driver training, good student, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, and student away at school.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Finding Chevy Cruze insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada
All the larger insurance companies allow you to get prices online. Comparing Chevy Cruze insurance rates online is fairly simple as you just type in the coverages you want on the page. Upon sending the form, their system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on many factors.
Getting online quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Las Vegas streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost rates.
To save time and compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you are getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
When to get professional advice
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What policy terms are available?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my Chevy Cruze covered for smoke damage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nevada?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent insurance agents that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 648-1634 - View Map
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance
1953 N Decatur Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89108 - (702) 570-5777 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 613-0000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Las Vegas exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Andy Ballagh - State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 562-7504 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 - Las Vegas, NV 89121 - (702) 696-1606 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Nancy Kim
2213 Paradise Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 685-4888 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How long has their agency been in business in Las Vegas?
- How are claims handled?
- How many companies do they write for?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Once you have acceptable answers as well as a affordable price, you've probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
In the end, you can save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below: