Do you want to learn to get low-cost Volvo XC70 insurance in Reno? If you are new to online price comparisons, it's easy to be overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies that all promise to save you money.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers in Nevada have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in America could save an average of roughly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Quoting more affordable auto insurance policy in Reno is easy if you know what you're doing. But Nevada car owners should learn how companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo XC70 insurance in Reno?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current XC70 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars - Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, early bird, and student driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly married, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Check with each company how you can save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Volvo XC70 insurance in Reno utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details like if a SR-22 is required, any included safety features, driver ages, and if the vehicle is leased. That information is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Reno.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$260||$480||$334||$20||$100||$1,194||$100|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$244||$438||$348||$20||$104||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise price quotes significantly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below shows how violations and accidents can increase Volvo XC70 premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How You Can Control Volvo XC70 Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Your address can impact prices - Having an address in a small town may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Your gender affects premiums - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Do you save by driving less? - The more miles you rack up on your Volvo annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your XC70 may be costing you higher rates. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
High stress employer may mean higher rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like doctors, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Volvo XC70 claim data - Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help calculate premium rates. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo XC70 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC70 Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD||69|
|Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD||79||70||94||45|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When selecting a policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is my Volvo XC70 covered for flood damage?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance quotes from local Reno insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Reno.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Reno who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Reno who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance - Rielli Insurance and Financial Services, LLC
10399 Double R Blvd #107 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 502-8444 - View Map
- A and H Insurance
3301 S Virginia St #201 - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 829-2600 - View Map
- Bob Lopez Insurance Agency
30 Mary St - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 354-4126 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Reno exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Todd Capdeville
9475 Dbl R Blvd, Ste B21 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 852-8880 - View Map
- Jim Tatro - State Farm Insurance Agent
9333 Double R Blvd #1200 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 825-5433 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Miguel Martir
705 S Wells Ave #100 - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 284-9844 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Reno, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volvo, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Nevada overpays more than $850 per year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce Volvo XC70 insurance prices online in Reno. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Reno car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy Reno car insurance online, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Spanish Springs, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)