Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Toyota Rav4 insurance in Las Vegas? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Toyota Rav4 in Nevada can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for a Toyota and get the best price possible either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save about $860 every year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Where can I get affordable Las Vegas Toyota Rav4 insurance?
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$186||$366||$400||$24||$120||$1,096||$91|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$114||$214||$296||$18||$88||$730||$61|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$190||$372||$372||$22||$112||$1,068||$89|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$204||$398||$290||$18||$86||$996||$83|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$228||$470||$348||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$142||$286||$400||$24||$120||$972||$81|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$148||$252||$308||$18||$92||$818||$68|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$126||$248||$324||$20||$96||$814||$68|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$168||$252||$404||$24||$120||$968||$81|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$184||$334||$290||$18||$86||$912||$76|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$206||$408||$296||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$150||$276||$296||$18||$88||$828||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Las Vegas
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents increase Toyota Rav4 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need quality insurance for your Toyota Rav4
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Rav4 in Las Vegas, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Las Vegas car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Buy New and Save - Putting car insurance coverage on a new Rav4 is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Rav4 insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driving Data Discount - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your policy cost.
For a list of providers who offer discounts in Nevada, click here.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Las Vegas.
After completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Las Vegas who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want to use a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the difference between them since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Las Vegas that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Bleecher Insurance
3085 S Jones Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 477-7776 - View Map
- Insurance Group of Nevada
US Bank Financial Center, 2300 West Sahara Avenue, Suite 800 - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 996-6434 - View Map
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 685-0170 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 870-9298 - View Map
- Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
- State Farm: Bree Buckles
1000 S Rampart Blvd #14 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 869-6600 - View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does their agency support local causes in Las Vegas?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Toyota Rav4
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Rav4 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability - This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Toyota Rav4 insurance rates in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best rates are with the smaller companies.
As you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Cost effective Toyota Rav4 insurance can be purchased online in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Boulder City, NV? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)