Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Henderson? High-priced Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Henderson can drain your monthly budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Performing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
Sad but true, most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Henderson can save about 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest price on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Henderson.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use this information to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Locating the best rates in Henderson can be made easier if you know where to look. Shoppers just have to understand the best way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Best companies for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Nevada. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$234||$462||$296||$18||$88||$1,098||$92|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$244||$456||$318||$18||$96||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect rates noticeably.
Age, gender, and Mitsubishi Lancer insurance
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure multiple cars on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Organization Discounts - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger auto insurance companies have better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small discount on rates.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, multiple policy, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good student, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, good student, theft prevention, teen driver, defensive driver, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- Allstate offers discounts for defensive driver, eSmart discount, EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, resident student, good payer, and multi-policy.
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click this link.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it's important to understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
Where you live factors in - Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when buying insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Better drivers have lower costs - A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive.
Prices go up with performance - The performance of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Mitsubishi Lancer is a sedan, rates will be about the same when compared to the average rates in Henderson. The lowest performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Better credit means lower costs - A driver's credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Mitsubishi Lancer if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Being married equates to better rates - Your spouse can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse means you're more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Cars with good safety ratings save money - Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If the Mitsubishi Lancer has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Low mileage costs less - Driving more miles every year the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your Lancer can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles - Companies use data from past claims when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the loss history for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mitsubishi Lancer 2WD||153||146||127||192||218||172|
|Mitsubishi Lancer 4WD||149||131||148||135|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4WD||225||123||221|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Henderson insurance agencies?
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Henderson for you
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Henderson can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's important to know why they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Henderson exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Sean Stewart Agency Inc.
2520 St Rose Pkwy #103 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 479-1570 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Henderson willing to provide rate quotes.
All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 660-6618 - View Map
After getting positive feedback and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. Just understand that it's your coverage and you can cancel your policy when you choose so never feel that you're stuck with any particular company for the full policy term.
Frequent quotes can save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered many ideas to reduce Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premium rates online in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Mitsubishi Lancer insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More information is available at the links below
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)