Are you irritated from scraping nickels together to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than many other Nevada drivers.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Nevada have been with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to compare rates occasionally since insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best deal on Honda Crosstour insurance in Las Vegas a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the proper way to save on car insurance.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give coverage price quotes on the web. Doing online quotes for Honda Crosstour insurance in Las Vegas is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their rating system requests credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Honda Crosstour insurance in Las Vegas makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for a lower rate.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Las Vegas insurance discounts for a Honda Crosstour
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Las Vegas could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-car, type of vehicle, ease of repair, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, alternative fuel, early shopping, distant student, pay in full, switch companies, and good student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, accident-free, driver's education, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts for resident student, passive restraint, early signing, EZ pay plan discount, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, and military active duty.
If you need the cheapest Honda Crosstour rate quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not apply in Las Vegas.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Las Vegas?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you should always include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quotes.
Upon receiving good answers as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that you can cancel your policy whenever you want so don't assume you are locked into any specific agency for a certain time period.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is my Honda Crosstour covered if I use it for business?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though Las Vegas Crosstour insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Honda with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Honda Crosstour. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Crosstour resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Crosstour to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Honda Crosstour.
Due to the fact that many Nevada drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Honda Crosstour insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Boulder City, NV? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)