There isn't a single person who is fond of buying car insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Nevada could save approximately $550 each year, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
People have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to get the best deal for Honda Civic insurance in Henderson.
Consumers need to compare prices periodically since insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on Honda Civic insurance in Henderson a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to learn the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Best Honda Civic insurance prices in Nevada
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$248||$314||$18||$94||$798||$67|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$382||$308||$18||$92||$968||$81|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$392||$290||$18||$86||$946||$79|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$554||$404||$24||$122||$1,302||$109|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$392||$290||$18||$86||$946||$79|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$486||$348||$20||$104||$1,136||$95|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$500||$396||$24||$118||$1,226||$102|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$544||$308||$18||$92||$1,200||$100|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$462||$296||$18||$88||$1,050||$88|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$126||$352||$436||$26||$130||$1,070||$89|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$552||$296||$18||$88||$1,160||$97|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$504||$466||$28||$140||$1,328||$111|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$342||$372||$22||$112||$1,010||$84|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$142||$380||$404||$24||$122||$1,072||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums noticeably.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women in Henderson
The chart below compares Honda Civic auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Honda Civic yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Civic car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Civic claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Henderson car insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates as opposed to bad drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, federal employee, membership and employees, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, driver training, multi-car, new car, multi-policy, save driver, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for safety features, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Honda Civic rate quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Henderson. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
It's not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Honda Civic?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Comparing rates from local Henderson insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Henderson.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a good Henderson insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Henderson can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Henderson that may be able to give you free price quotes.
All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 660-6618 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can always cancel a policy for any reason so don't think that you're stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Popular auto insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. All the ads tend to make the same promise that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all charge you a lower premium? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable risk profile may need to be a mature driver, has other policies, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anyone that fits those parameters will probably get cheap prices and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don't meet this stringent profile will have to pay higher rates which results in the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can make those claims.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers must compare as many free Henderson car insurance quotes as you can. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have the best Honda Civic insurance in Henderson.
Insurance savings summarized
When you buy Henderson car insurance online, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
We just covered many ideas to reduce Honda Civic insurance car insurance rates online in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Boulder City, NV? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)