Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Honda Accord insurance in Henderson? Searching for low-cost insurance for a Honda Accord in Nevada can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates on a Honda and obtain the cheapest rates from Henderson insurance agents and online providers.
Shopping around for the cheapest protection in Henderson is not as time-consuming as you think. If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to know the most efficient way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take the time to get quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Henderson, NV. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$246||$14||$74||$838||$70|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$132||$226||$252||$14||$76||$700||$58|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$256||$354||$20||$106||$878||$73|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$266||$344||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$326||$246||$14||$74||$838||$70|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$408||$252||$14||$76||$956||$80|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$126||$292||$366||$22||$110||$916||$76|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$366||$470||$28||$140||$1,168||$97|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$382||$348||$20||$104||$1,072||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Henderson location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Honda Accord premium costs for each different age group. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Accord yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive guideline to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Honda Accord replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims can increase Honda Accord car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison to bad drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Honda could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Henderson and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits remotely such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for safe driver, anti-theft, defensive driver, good payer, multi-policy, early signing, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and business or organization.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, claim-free
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Henderson. To find auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Henderson, follow this link.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Henderson
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Careless drivers pay higher premiums - Just one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Safer cars save money - Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Honda earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Married drivers pay less - Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. Having a spouse means you're more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Liability limits should be high - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Honda Accord statistical loss data - Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Vehicles
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD||85||97||83||122||113||94|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD||99||102||94||120||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a local Henderson insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Henderson.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for a local Henderson insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents in Henderson are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's worth learning why they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Henderson that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Paradigm Insurance Agency
170 S Green Valley Pkwy #300 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 522-0730 - View Map
- Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
- Amber Aiello - State Farm Insurance Agent
2200 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy a - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 616-4663 - View Map
- Randy Wilcox - State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9111 - View Map
- J.J. Tucker - State Farm Insurance Agent
10890 S Eastern Ave #115 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 616-1000 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback and an acceptable price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance. It's important to know that you are able to terminate your policy whenever you want so don't assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company for any length of time.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Honda Accord insurance in Henderson can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High School Students in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Spring Valley, NV? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)