Trying to find cheaper insurance for your Ford Focus in Nevada can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to save time. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Ford and find the lowest price from both online companies and Las Vegas agents.
You need to compare premium rates periodically since insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best price on Ford Focus insurance in Las Vegas six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost protection in Las Vegas can be fairly easy. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of how to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Ford Focus insurance in Las Vegas is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide information like your credit rating estimate, types of safety features, if you went to college, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford Focus now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$116||$232||$318||$18||$96||$780||$65|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$394||$314||$18||$94||$1,022||$85|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$316||$290||$18||$86||$840||$70|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$464||$324||$20||$96||$1,082||$90|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$582||$470||$28||$140||$1,484||$124|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$382||$348||$20||$104||$1,048||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location which can alter insurance rates significantly.
Ford Focus insurance rates by age and gender
The example below shows the difference between Ford Focus car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Ford Focus insurance in Las Vegas
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- E-sign - A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
To see companies who offer free Ford Focus insurance quotes in Nevada, click this link.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don't have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Las Vegas should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Las Vegas?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Two types of Las Vegas car insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Andy Ballagh - State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 562-7504 - View Map
- Tim Powers - State Farm Insurance Agent
2920 S Rainbow Blvd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 871-8338 - View Map
- Ron Reedom - State Farm Insurance Agent
1943 N Nellis Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89115 - (702) 459-9546 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with companies you've never heard of which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 - Las Vegas, NV 89149 - (702) 880-9000 - View Map
- Estrella Insurance Services
3700 E Charleston Blvd #130 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 382-1177 - View Map
- Stevens Insurance
7785 N Durango Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89131 - (702) 648-9689 - View Map
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance for Less
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. People who have multiple violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are many additional coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Lower miles equals lower premium - Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Focus may be costing you higher rates.
Ford Focus claim data - Insurance companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Focus Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Focus Electric||87||85||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Nevada is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Focus in Las Vegas, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Focus, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cheaper car insurance in Las Vegas is available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)