Are you a victim of high-priced Dodge Challenger insurance in Las Vegas? It's a common feeling and you're not the only one.
A study showed that most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Nevada could save themselves almost $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and uncover the absolute best rate on Dodge Challenger insurance in Las Vegas.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal on Dodge Challenger insurance in Las Vegas a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Challenger insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some great ideas on how to lower your insurance rates in Las Vegas.
Getting more affordable Dodge Challenger car insurance pricing is a great way to save money. You just need to take a few minutes comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for car insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can alter rates significantly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Challenger annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Challenger replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below compares Dodge Challenger auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can affect Dodge Challenger insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to insure your Dodge Challenger
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Las Vegas, paying for car insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge Challenger. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Telematics Data - Las Vegas drivers who agree to allow data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-car Discount - Having several vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Challenger can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of companies who offer cheap Dodge Challenger insurance quotes in Las Vegas in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Comparing quotes from local Las Vegas insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
It's not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your Dodge Challenger insurance prices in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Challenger insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Las Vegas car insurance, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Paradise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)