Are you drained from trying to scrape together enough money to make your insurance payment? You are no different than many other Nevada consumers.
A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Las Vegas can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to do a rate comparison. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you're already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Las Vegas can initially seem challenging. Vehicle owners just need to use the quickest way to get comparison rates on the web.
Low-cost companies for Buick Regal insurance in Nevada
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Nevada. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Verify you're applying every discount
Car insurance companies don't always list every discount they offer very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you will save up to 20% off your total Regal insurance premium.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Las Vegas car insurance quote as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall bill.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, save driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, distant student, switch companies, bundle discounts, business and professional, and teen driver.
- USAA offers discounts including loyalty savings, family discount, safe driver, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, exclusive group savings, multi-car, good student, safety features, and teen driver discount.
If you want low cost Las Vegas car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To locate companies who offer online Buick Regal insurance quotes in Las Vegas, click here.
Buick Regal Insurance Cost Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Never have car insurance policy lapses - Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Big cities mean more claims - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Better credit means lower rates - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Regal by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Younger drivers pay higher prices - More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- You may save more by consolidating policies - Most larger car insurance companies provide a discount to clients that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Filing insurance claims can increase rates - If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Nevada give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Buick Regal claim statistics - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I rate my Buick Regal as pleasure use or commute?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you want a local Las Vegas insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
Juan Diaz - State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 489-4242 - View Map
Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map
LaDonna Koeller - State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 636-9447 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it's recommended you compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
Don't listen to company ads
Nevada drivers can't escape the ads for cheaper auto insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads state the claim about saving some big amount if you get a free Las Vegas car insurance quote and switch to their company.
But how can every company have lower policy pricing? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance providers have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Las Vegas and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don't meet these criteria may be forced to pay higher premiums and ends up with business not being written. The ads say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way companies can truthfully claim big savings. That is why you should compare free Las Vegas car insurance quotes often. Because you never know which company will provide the lowest Buick Regal insurance in Las Vegas.
Car insurance savings summarized
There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Buick Regal insurance is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Buick Regal insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Las Vegas car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)