Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced Buick Verano insurance in Las Vegas? You're preaching to the choir because many Las Vegas consumers are in the same pinch.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Las Vegas consumers could save an average of roughly 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Locating the best rates in Las Vegas is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Nevertheless, Nevada consumers must learn the way companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
It's important to know that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Verano in Las Vegas, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $820 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Save $400 a year. For real?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads seem to make the promise that you'll save big if you just switch your car insurance coverage to their company. How does each company make the same claim? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable risk profile may be over the age of 45, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" will get the preferred premium rates in Las Vegas and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Consumers who may not quite match this stringent profile will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save money. This is how companies can make those claims. Different companies use different criteria so it's extremely important to compare as many free Las Vegas car insurance quotes as you can. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest Buick Verano insurance in Las Vegas.
Cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Buick could qualify for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Life Insurance Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Verano insurance premium.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, bundle discounts, multi-car, distant student, business and professional, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, air bags, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, multi-policy, accident-free, family plan, easy pay, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Las Vegas car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Las Vegas. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nevada, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still like to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in Las Vegas who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Insurance agent types
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Las Vegas independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
We've covered a lot of tips how to reduce Buick Verano insurance prices online in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Buick Verano rate quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Nevada is located at these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)