Cutting costs on Buick Regal insurance in Henderson is challenging for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. With such a large choice of online companies available, it can easily be a burden to find the lowest price on Buick Regal insurance.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Nevada drivers could pocket 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to shop their coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on Buick Regal insurance in Henderson last year the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you're already insured, you will be able to save money using the following tips. The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. But Nevada car owners need to learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Which gender costs less? - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females are in accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Most insurance companies will give better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Cheaper prices using theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Buick Regal by repairing your credit.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices - Having just one citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Where you reside factors in - Having an address in a rural area has it's advantages when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your premiums - The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. Because the Buick Regal is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Henderson. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the mileage driven annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Regal can cost quite a bit. Make sure your vehicle rating states the proper vehicle usage.
- Buick Regal insurance loss statistics - Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Henderson, NV. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Buick Regal just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Henderson, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick Regal with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Buick Regal insurance in Henderson
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in school.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the premium cost.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Henderson. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
Local Henderson insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Henderson.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Henderson that provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Henderson can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Henderson who may provide comparison quotes.
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St - Henderson, NV 89044 - (866) 694-9046 - View Map
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 368-4040 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Peltz
3215 St Rose Pkwy Ste 120 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 233-8372 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Steven Schiebel
1590 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #120 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 451-4565 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Christopher Sutter
11201 S Eastern Ave #110 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 260-8589 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Insurance savings summarized
When shopping online for insurance, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
Cheaper insurance in Henderson can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Henderson, so you need to quote Henderson auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
Other learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Retired Military in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)