Shopping for cheap Henderson Buick Enclave insurance quotes over the internet is difficult for beginners to comparison shopping over the internet. With such a large choice of companies competing online, how can Henderson drivers even start to compare each option to find cheaper car insurance prices?
A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Nevada could cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
It's a good habit to do rate comparisons occasionally because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates on Buick Enclave insurance in Henderson last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to find better prices using the concepts you're about to learn. Buying the best insurance policy in Henderson is not as hard as you may think. Nevertheless, Nevada vehicle owners do need to learn how insurance companies determine premium rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best Buick Enclave insurance rates in Nevada
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$332||$694||$416||$24||$124||$1,590||$133|
|Enclave CX AWD||$210||$402||$296||$18||$88||$1,014||$85|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$162||$342||$372||$22||$112||$1,010||$84|
|Enclave XL AWD||$144||$252||$296||$18||$88||$798||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Buick Enclave settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Buick Enclave insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don't necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new Enclave can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- College Student Discount - College-age children living away from Henderson attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, federal employee, multi-policy, good student, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, homeowner, teen safe driver, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, homeowners, good student, defensive driver, air bags, teen driver, and student driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time. It's important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
High deductibles equal low rates - Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Better drivers pay the best rates - Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. People who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
Better prices on safer cars - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Buick Enclave earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Married people drive safer - Having a wife or husband may save some money on your policy. Marriage means you're more financially stable and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Males pay higher premiums - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Insurance loss data for a Buick Enclave - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Enclave Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD||85||101||83||67||63||81|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD||93||110||92||64||62||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance quotes from local Henderson insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Henderson that provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which family members are covered?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Henderson agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agencies in Henderson who may provide you with price quotes.
- Lisa Downer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy b302 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 492-6287 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Conner Family and Associates, LLC
30 S Water St a - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 564-0665 - View Map
- Eugene Ramos - State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 W Warm Springs Rd #107 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 597-1750 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Henderson that are able to give price quotes.
- All Nevada Insurance
10624 S Eastern Ave # L - Henderson, NV 89052 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 368-4040 - View Map
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 434-7640 - View Map
After receiving good answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind consumers can terminate coverage at any time so never assume that you are obligated to a policy for any length of time.
Do the work, save more money
Cheap Buick Enclave insurance in Henderson is definitely available both online and with local Henderson insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on Buick Enclave insurance in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Henderson auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Enterprise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)