Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost BMW X1 insurance in Las Vegas? Did you make the mistake of buying high-priced BMW X1 insurance in Las Vegas? You're preaching to the choir because many Las Vegas drivers feel the same as you.
Shocking but true, most car insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,621, Nevada drivers could save $550 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates and save money. Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don't list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Las Vegas car insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current X1 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
Car insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find providers with discount rates in Nevada, follow this link.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BMW has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your BMW gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Nevada is wasting up to $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Las Vegas?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Las Vegas who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quote information for BMW X1 insurance in Las Vegas.
Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map