When searching for cheaper insurance, do you get frustrated by the number of auto insurance choices that you can choose from? You have so many options that it can really be a real challenge to lower your premium rates for BMW 535i insurance in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is an awesome place to live, but high auto insurance rates can make it hard to afford.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. The average driver in Las Vegas could save almost $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Buying affordable car insurance in Las Vegas can initially seem challenging. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts you're about to learn. But Nevada drivers must know how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Get cheaper rates on BMW 535i insurance in Las Vegas with these insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Memberships - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on 535i insurance in Las Vegas.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, good student, and multi-policy.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, safe driver, new vehicle, annual mileage, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, good driver, and early bird.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, multi-car, good student, defensive driver, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, homeowner, pay in full, distant student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in Las Vegas. If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
To find affordable BMW 535i insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from lots of Nevada car insurance companies. The best way to find cheaper BMW 535i rates is to get quotes online.
Keep in mind that more quotes helps locate the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Las Vegas 535i insurance quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$322||$290||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$376||$616||$404||$24||$120||$1,540||$128|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$322||$290||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$720||$348||$20||$104||$1,538||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates significantly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions increase BMW 535i annual premium costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease BMW 535i insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
BMW 535i Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
- Cheaper prices using alarm systems - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Tickets drive up prices - Having just one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Drivers with responsible credit save - An insured's credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your BMW 535i if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Vocation stress can affect rates - Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and dentists generally have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers like professors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - Policies have extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Liability insurance preserves assets - Your insurance policy's liability coverage will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Discounts for married drivers - Having a spouse actually saves money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other means you're more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Experienced drivers are lower risk - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when driving so insurance rates are higher.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is the minimum liability in Nevada?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
When to contact a local insurance agent
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Las Vegas who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Las Vegas?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Las Vegas can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map
- LaDonna Koeller - State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 636-9447 - View Map
- Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Estrella Insurance Services
3700 E Charleston Blvd #130 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 382-1177 - View Map
- Insurance Specialists - Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 307-3398 - View Map
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 - Las Vegas, NV 89149 - (702) 880-9000 - View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Nevada
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a BMW in Las Vegas, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 535i has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your BMW 535i and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Don't give up on cheap rates
Budget-friendly car insurance in Las Vegas can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so you need to shop Las Vegas car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)