Locating the cheapest insurance for your Subaru Legacy in Nevada can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Subaru and find the lowest possible price from Las Vegas insurance agents and online providers.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers in Nevada have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could cut their rates by up to 46.5% a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
It's important to compare prices periodically because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price on Subaru Legacy insurance in Las Vegas last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to show you the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding cheap car insurance rates is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$290||$394||$268||$16||$80||$1,048||$87|
|Legacy 2.5I Premium||$142||$210||$246||$14||$74||$686||$57|
|Legacy 3.6R Premium||$306||$324||$344||$20||$102||$1,096||$91|
|Legacy 2.5I Limited||$316||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,188||$99|
|Legacy 2.5GT Premium||$230||$392||$296||$18||$88||$1,024||$85|
|Legacy 3.6R Limited||$176||$292||$276||$16||$82||$842||$70|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$376||$472||$344||$20||$102||$1,314||$110|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$316||$554||$296||$18||$88||$1,272||$106|
|Legacy 2.5 GT Limited||$284||$486||$296||$18||$88||$1,172||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can lower or raise coverage rates greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below examines Subaru Legacy auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Subaru Legacy replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Get affordable Subaru Legacy insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Legacy insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Legacy insurance in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, annual mileage, vehicle storage, driver training, good student, and new vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance has savings for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, good driver, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for youthful driver, switch companies, early shopping, teen driver, good student, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, passive restraint, driver's education, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a local Las Vegas insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents in Las Vegas are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agents in Las Vegas willing to provide rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 - North Las Vegas, NV 89032 - (702) 643-0057 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 - Las Vegas, NV 89103 - (702) 530-8822 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 462-9100 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include price quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following are Las Vegas independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
- Bleecher Insurance
3085 S Jones Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 477-7776 - View Map
- Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 - Las Vegas, NV 89147 - (702) 597-5998 - View Map
After getting good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don't assume that you are obligated to any specific company for a certain time period.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating - An insured's credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Subaru Legacy by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Increase deductibles to save - Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Gender and car insurance - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Careless drivers pay higher prices - Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Keep the miles off and save - Driving more miles in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Legacy may be costing you higher rates. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy reflects the right rating data.
Be proud to be claim-free - If you file claims often, don't be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Nevada generally give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money - Not maintaining insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Insurance losses for a Subaru Legacy - Insurers use historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the collected loss data for Subaru Legacy vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Subaru Legacy Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Legacy 4WD||74||64||115||83||80||76|
|Subaru Legacy with Eyesight 4WD||71||52||122||71|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Las Vegas, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru Legacy, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your Subaru Legacy and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Subaru gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Do the work, save more money
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Subaru Legacy insurance premium rates online in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Subaru Legacy insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, so you need to shop Las Vegas auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)