Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can diminish your family's budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing rate quotes can save money and help to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Nevada being $1,620, drivers could save about $545 each year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to shop their coverage around. Many insurers compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every company to get the best price available on Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Vegas.
If you're already insured or need new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Las Vegas is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
How to lower your Nissan Rogue insurance cost in Las Vegas, Nevada
Finding cheaper Nissan Rogue car insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing free Las Vegas car insurance quotes to find the company with cheaper Las Vegas car insurance quotes.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to actually drive to different Las Vegas agent offices. Buying insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$184||$334||$328||$20||$98||$964||$80|
|Rogue S AWD||$264||$494||$470||$28||$140||$1,396||$116|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$194||$324||$348||$20||$104||$990||$83|
|Rogue SL AWD||$242||$520||$358||$22||$108||$1,250||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can impact Nissan Rogue premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Rogue auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan Rogue. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $825 a year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Nevada consumers can't avoid all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like Allstate and Progressive. They all convey the message about saving some big amount if you move to them.
How do they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance providers offer their best rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a desirable risk could be between 25 and 40, owns their home, and drives a safe vehicle. Someone who matches that profile will probably get cheap rates and therefore will save some money.
People who fall outside those standards will probably be forced to pay higher prices which results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, you absolutely need to compare many company's premium rates. Because you cannot predict the company that will provide the lowest Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Vegas.
Cheaper rates on Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Vegas with these nine discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Las Vegas car insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- E-sign Discounts - A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up early. This discount can save up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in Las Vegas.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Las Vegas auto insurance agent
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company shouldn't rely on just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Las Vegas?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When searching for a local agent, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Las Vegas are either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agents in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quotes.
Car insurance coverage options for a Nissan Rogue
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, pain and suffering, medical services, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like chiropractic care, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, vandalism, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Rogue caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Rogue in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Rogue.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Discount Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Vegas can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, so get free Las Vegas car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Dayton, Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)