Buying lower-cost Henderson Kia Sorento insurance quotes on the internet might seem intimidating for beginners to shopping for insurance on the web. With such a big selection of agents and insurance companies available, how are consumers able to have a chance to compare them all to find the best available price?
Sad but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Shopping for more affordable protection in Henderson is not as confusing as people think. Essentially every person who shops for car insurance will find a better price. But Nevada drivers need to have an understanding of the way companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Score discounts on Henderson insurance
Some providers don't always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, early bird, multi-vehicle, good student, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, driver's education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and good student.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, driver training, teen driver, theft prevention, and student driver.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, good student, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, and home ownership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, daytime running lights, anti-theft, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
If you need affordable Kia Sorento insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Nevada, click this link.
It's important to know that comparing more quotes helps you find a better price.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Women tend to be lower risk - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Responsible credit scores equal low costs - A driver's credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Kia Sorento by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
Older drivers pay less - Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Never allow your coverage to lapse - Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
More policies can equal more savings - Most larger companies apply lower prices for people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Marriage is a factor - Your spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Bad driving leads to higher rates - Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
Infrequent drivers can save - The more miles you rack up on your Kia every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Sorento may be wasting your money.
Kia Sorento claim probability - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sorento Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Henderson.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Henderson who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Henderson that are able to give price quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Henderson.
- Express Auto Insurance LLC
1371 W Warm Springs Rd - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 907-0000 - View Map
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 434-7640 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Helene Karp
305 N Pecos Rd c - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 436-0200 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Julia Clarke Spataro
2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #104 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 897-0000 - View Map
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Henderson?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you've probably found an insurance company that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel you are locked into a policy for a certain time period.
Insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Sorento insurance rates online in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Henderson car insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with a small mutual company.
More affordable car insurance in Henderson is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
When getting Henderson car insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed car insurance information can be read at these sites:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Nevada? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)