I really doubt anyone rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is way too high.
A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Nevada drivers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to find cheap car insurance rates. Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheap Las Vegas insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims before the accident.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Malibu insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- College Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, early bird, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts including early quote, save driver, new car, driver training, home ownership, and student away at school.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, military active duty, multi-policy, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas.
Compare free Las Vegas Chevy Malibu insurance quotes
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Chevrolet Malibu insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can influence Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
When buying insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings. Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Low stress job equals lower prices - Careers such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like professors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
How old are your drivers? - Beginning drivers in Nevada have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
Better premiums for no policy lapses - Driving without insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
Driving citations can be expensive - Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have dangerous violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Do you need those extra policy coverages? - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Chevy Malibu insurance claim data - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Malibu vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Malibu Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local Las Vegas insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a provider is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
When searching for a local Las Vegas insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can do a good job, but it's good to learn the subtle differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Las Vegas independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Las Vegas, maintaining insurance is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Malibu but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Discount Chevy Malibu insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Malibu insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)