Want to know how to find low-cost insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas consumers have many options when looking for affordable Audi A6 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a Audi and obtain the lowest possible price.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Las Vegas is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Smart buyers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare rates online.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$330||$296||$18||$88||$892||$74|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$512||$290||$18||$86||$1,160||$97|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$398||$348||$20||$104||$1,046||$87|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$604||$348||$20||$104||$1,360||$113|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$284||$634||$296||$18||$88||$1,320||$110|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$226||$476||$354||$20||$106||$1,182||$99|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$334||$676||$318||$18||$96||$1,442||$120|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$356||$720||$268||$16||$80||$1,440||$120|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$432||$404||$24||$120||$1,234||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Las Vegas location which can change premium rates substantially.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Audi A6 insurance prices for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A6 in Las Vegas, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your A6 with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Audi A6 Insurance Price Factors
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
- The more you drive the more you pay - The more you drive your Audi every year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. An incorrectly rated A6 may be costing you higher rates.
- Too many claims will drive prices up - Companies in Nevada give cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Having a significant other can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Poor driving habits leads to higher rates - How you drive has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates substantially. People who have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance prices - The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Audi A6 is classified as a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more when compared to the average rates in Las Vegas.
- Loss probability for an Audi A6 - Insurers use historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Audi A6 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Audi A6 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A6 4dr 2WD 146 112 134 Audi A6 4dr 4WD 153 70 155 53 55 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help to save on Audi A6 insurance in Las Vegas
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you're not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Audi A6 insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new A6 can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver's education, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate offers discounts including good payer, anti-theft, economy car, early signing, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide offers discounts for Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, defensive driver
When getting free Las Vegas car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Audi A6 insurance prices in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest Audi A6 insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced on the web in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Spring Valley, NV? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)