How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more competitive Subaru Forester insurance in Las Vegas? If you are new to getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably bewildered thanks to all the different types local agents and online companies offering coverage in Las Vegas.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Nevada drivers could save roughly 35% a year, but they don't invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide pricing direct online. Comparing Subaru Forester insurance rates online doesn't take a lot of time as you just type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company's rating system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Subaru Forester insurance in Las Vegas simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find cheaper auto insurance pricing.
To compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$188||$318||$276||$16||$82||$880||$73|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$212||$318||$268||$16||$80||$894||$75|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$214||$372||$316||$18||$94||$1,014||$85|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$160||$260||$296||$18||$88||$822||$69|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$168||$274||$270||$16||$80||$808||$67|
|Forester XT AWD||$210||$298||$344||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$144||$252||$252||$14||$76||$738||$62|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$230||$392||$246||$14||$74||$956||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can affect premium rates substantially.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Subaru Forester insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Subaru Forester insurance in Las Vegas
Some providers do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Las Vegas drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Las Vegas car insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, federal employee, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver's education, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, type of vehicle, good driver, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Allstate may include discounts for new car, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, premier plus, passive restraint, and farm vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in Las Vegas, click here.
Exclusive and independent insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
What type of Las Vegas auto insurance agent is right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 - North Las Vegas, NV 89032 - (702) 643-0057 - View Map
- David Habart - State Farm Insurance Agent
2035 Village Center Cir #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 851-2400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Misty Chadwick
2620 Regatta Dr Ste 122 - Las Vegas, NV 89128 - (702) 451-4409 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
- Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 733-0330 - View Map
- Superior Insurance
2511 Stewart Ave - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 721-7575 - View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Subaru Forester Insurance
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot - There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Gender and car insurance prices - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Performance affects costs - The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Subaru Forester is considered a crossover, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Las Vegas.
- Single vs. married - Being married may save some money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Insurance losses for a Subaru Forester - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the loss history for Subaru Forester vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Subaru Forester Models
Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD 71 80 108 72 76 68 Subaru Forester 4dr 4WD with Eyesight 74 66 118 77 78 53
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Las Vegas, car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your Subaru Forester and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Subaru Forester insurance in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Subaru Forester insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective Subaru Forester insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Boulder City, NV? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Spring Creek, NV? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)