Do you want to learn to get lower-priced Acura MDX insurance in Las Vegas? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced auto insurance can deplete your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes can help to lower your monthly bill.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that over 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
You need to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rate on Acura MDX insurance in Las Vegas a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about MDX insurance on the web, but you can learn the best ways to buy auto insurance cheaper in Las Vegas.
Best companies for competitive Acura MDX insurance in Nevada
The following companies offer price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$244||$382||$308||$18||$92||$1,044||$87|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$304||$520||$318||$18||$96||$1,256||$105|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$370||$694||$416||$24||$124||$1,628||$136|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$342||$472||$404||$24||$120||$1,362||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify auto insurance rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Acura MDX annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Acura MDX claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Get cheaper Acura MDX insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current MDX insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Las Vegas car insurance quotes online.
- ABS Brakes - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Las Vegas can help you save on car insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, you're out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, switch companies, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, driver training, emergency military deployment, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, online quote, safety device, and good driver.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available in your state. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nevada, follow this link.
Lower Your Las Vegas Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- How much liability coverage - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Teen drivers pay higher rates - Young drivers in Nevada are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- High coverage deductibles save money - Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Responsible drivers pay less - Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- More policies can equal more savings - Lots of auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Annual miles is a factor - The higher the miles on your Acura each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your MDX may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance coverage correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Insurance loss data for an Acura MDX - Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Acura MDX vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura MDX Vehicles
Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood Las Vegas car insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Las Vegas.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Shown below are Las Vegas car insurance companies that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Acura MDX insurance in Las Vegas.
Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If they are an independent agency in Las Vegas, which companies do they recommend?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Does insurance advertising bend the truth?
Nevada drivers can't get away from all the ads that claim the best premium rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make the point that people will save just by moving your insurance policy to them.
How does every company charge less that you're paying now? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the right customer that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable customer may be a married male, owns a home, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get a cheap rate quote in Las Vegas and is almost guaranteed to save a lot on Las Vegas Acura MDX insurance if they switch.
People who don't measure up to this ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premiums with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
When getting Las Vegas car insurance quotes online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Acura MDX insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
We've covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Acura MDX insurance in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in North Las Vegas, NV? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)